Vacancy Announcement February 20, 2012
Position Military Construction Manager currently living in Japan
MCFA is based in Haddonfield, NJ and specializes in the discipline of planning, developing, implementing and managing infrastructure programs. MCFA is an urban planning and business consulting firm that provides expertise to its clients to help solve their most complex planning and business operations problems. MCFAs urban planning team focuses on large-scale infrastructure development, while its business operations team focuses on developing revolutionary process and information technology solutions.
The MCFA team is a mix of seasoned professionals with deep subject matter knowledge and dynamic early career professionals with strong educational pedigrees. All MCFA associates share common values of flexibility and relentlessness and are uncompromising in their application.
Were a dedicated team of problem solvers. Our strength is in our ability to adapt to the unique needs of our diverse client base.
MCFA services a wide range of markets such as government, higher education, manufacturing, energy, and real estate. This wide range of markets requires wide ranging solutions.
MCFAs solutions are relevant both to private and public sector problems and some clients solutions even reside at the convergence of these sectors.
See our website at http://mcfaplanning.com for more information about MCFA, LLC.
MCFA is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Construction Manager in our Infrastructure Department. The role supports our client in Okinawa, Japan. MILCON experience a must. Must be currently eligible to work in Okinawa. Seeking candidates who currently reside in Japan. The responsibilities of this role will be dynamic and depending on the individuals background, knowledge and interests may include:
• Evaluates programs and development plans for construction, renovation and improvements of real property facilities.
• Monitors and manages projects and/or programs for new construction, renovations and improvements for real property facilities.
• Develops requirement and management plans.
• Guides projects and/or programs through all phases.
• Monitors projects and/or programs to assure adherence to schedules and critical path.
• Reviews architectural and engineering statements and reports.
• Conducts cost analyses to determine best practice/process to meet new requirements.
• Provides technical reviews of design calculations, analyses, drawings, and specifications to ensure compliance with project objectives and standards.
• Provides guidance on facilities inspection, maintenance, and repair standards.
• Recommends new equipment installations supportive of mission requirements and reflective of new technologies.
• Analyzes project proposals, recommends changes or approves proposals.
• Evaluates programs and/or projects to ensure compliance.
• Serves as a technical expert concerning facilities planning, design and construction.
• Coordinates with Curriculum specialists to determine facility planning solutions.
• Coordinates with the host nation on construction projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Travel 40 - Around Japan, Korea and Guam
• MILCON experience a must
• Expert knowledge of architectural, engineering, design, construction and maintenance principles and techniques
• School construction experience a plus.
• Must be able to read blueprints, layouts and other specifications
• Familiarity with Japan host nation requirements, compliance legislation, standards, rules and regulations
• Experience in construction and renovation project management
• Providing technical resources and management of construction/renovation related projects
• Thorough understanding of design calculations, analyses, drawings and specifications.
• Experience with Inspector-General, audit and Congressional inquiries a plus
• Licensed Professional Engineer - Preferred
• Background in architecture a plus
• Strong problem-solver
• Developing construction and/or renovation project plans
• Executing projects
• Cost analysis
• Project Management
• Experience with Military a plus
• Ability to organize work and effective time management skills
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven resourcefulness, initiative and innovative
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US and in Okinawa, Japan
• Ability to pass a background check and to receive US Government contractor credentials
• A four-year engineering degree (preferably in civil engineering) and/or a registered Professional Engineer with a minimum of 3 years in construction management.
Salary TBD based on qualifications. Competitive benefits package with Medical, Dental, 401K, vacation, holidays, life insurance, and more.
Send a cover letter, your resume, and a list at least 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MCFA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. MCFA does not discriminate against any applicant or employee with regard to hiring, tenure of employment, promotion, transfer, ion for training, or any other terms or conditions of employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal law, or on any ground protected by state or local law in each area in which MCFA maintains facilities.
MCFA is a participant in E-Verify and employees of MCFA are required comply with program requirements.
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Compensation: Salary TBD based on qualifications.