The FruitGuys, one of Americas premier providers of fresh produce to businesses, homes, and schools nationwide is hiring. At The FruitGuys, we provide more than produce we provide support to family farms by buying local produce whenever possible, to our communities by donating produce to hunger-assistance groups and sustainable-food initiatives, and to our customers health and wellness by educating, engaging and encouraging them to eat well and live well. We look for employees who share our goals and ideals for health, the environment and our communities.
Position: Chicago Production Leader
The ideal candidate for the role is excited about our mission and driven to share our values with customers through production of consistently outstanding products.
The Production Leader is responsible for directing production crew and participating in packing daily orders with 100 accuracy, on time for all pick-ups, and on pace, while ensuring excellence in meeting FruitGuys standards for produce quality. The Production Leader will also support the Facility Manager in building crew teamwork, planning for production and any other areas as needed, and uphold the core values of the company in all aspects of the role.
• Set-up and break-down packing line, make sure fruit is used in order of arrival date, and ensure all produce is appropriately organized, inventoried, and stored at end of day
• Understand standards for produce and communicate with Buy Leader to understand daily quality issues in order to ensure only produce FruitGuys-quality produce is packed and to be able to quality-check packed boxes during production
• Ensure adherence to food safety policies
• Direct production crew and participate in preparation of produce
• Ensure shipping labels are correctly applied and completed boxes are correctly sorted
• Perform pallet checks to verify all orders are fulfilled and correctly routed, prepare shipper manifests, and confirm daily pick-ups by couriers are completed at the end of the day
• Direct production crew and participate in maintaining a neat packing area and warehouse, and cleaning thoroughly at the end of each packing day including breaking down cardboard, sweeping and mopping, disinfecting packing surfaces, and disposing of trash and recycling
• Direct production crew and participate in folding and preparing boxes, and maintain sufficient inventory
• Receive shipments of produce and supplies as needed
• Keep in constant communication with all other team members
A successful Production Leader candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. To be successful in this position, candidates will also exhibit the following skills:
• Consistent organization, constant follow through, and superb attention to detail
• A high level of reliability and personal responsibility
• Strong team time-management and supervision
• The ability to remain calm under pressure and adapt to unexpected tasks and challenges
• Willingness to assist co-workers and a "do whatever it takes", self-motivated attitude
• Excellent communication skills and experience with team-building
• A passion for fruits and vegetables familiarity with produce, cooking, or agriculture a plus but not required
• Ability to lift 40 lbs
• Ability to stand 6-8 hours per day
• Ability to spend 6-8 hours per day in cool temperatures (58-65 degrees)
• Bilingual Spanish and English preferred
• Reliable transportation necessary
• Basic computer skills
Full-time, Sunday through Wednesday or Thursday, 32-40 hours per week, usually 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Hours may fluctuate daily and weekly based on Company needs.
What well do for you:
Provide you with free, fresh produce weekly. Provide a fun, respectful work environment full of talented and diverse people. Give you the opportunity to express your ideas and effect real change in the business. And encourage you to have a life outside of work because happy and healthy employees are the best employees.
Salary and benefits:
Hourly salary commensurate with experience. Health benefits, life insurance, paid time-off, paid holidays, and 401K plan are available.
We look forward to hearing from you. If you are interested in applying for the Production Leader position, please email both a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered please tell us about yourself and why you are excited to join our team
Location: Chicago, IL