Local Manufacturing Company is seeking a Staff Accountant for its manufacturing and wholesale distribution facility. The Staff Accountant works closely within all levels of the organization, and reports directly to the Controller.
Key responsibilities include:
• Posts journal entries and prepares general ledger reconciliations
• Full cycle Accounts payable
• Provide accounting support for accounts receivable, purchasing, receiving, payroll, invoicing, and inventory functions
• Prepares month-end closing
• Generate reports and provide analysis
• Reconciliation of intercompany balance
• Reconciliation of sub ledgers to General Ledger
• Bank reconciliations
• Analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Analyzes business operations, trends, costs, revenues and expenses to provide answers
• Prepare audit schedules in conjunction with the annual financial audit
• Assists with the preparation of the annual budget process
• Analysis of budget variances
• Assist with the annual physical inventory
• Ad hoc reports, special projects and other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in accounting, equivalent education and work experience and 4 years experience in general ledger accounting
• Strong understanding of the general ledger and month-end closing process
• Must have strong attention to detail
• Must be willing to help out with whatever tasks needed by the department
• Previous accounting software experience ERP experiences a Plus.
• Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in MS Excel with experience working with advance excel functions like vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
• Must have good problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Applicant should be a team player and able to work with a variety of personalities
No relocation is offered with this position.
• Commensurate with experience
For immediate consideration, please forward resume with salary history to:
Attn: Human Resources
Location: Chula Vista